Author Topic: SR20DET (S14) /Bluebird VEMS Installtion  (Read 4721 times)

Offline Sukhoi

• BHP: 6
SR20DET (S14) /Bluebird VEMS Installtion
« on: April 10, 2011, 11:02:36 pm »
Hi all,
this is the second car am doing using VEMS, this time its a street RWD bluebird with newly installed sr20det engine, the car didn't run well since the engine swap, there was many burning areas in the engine harness, as there seems something wrong with the ECU itself, it was running so rich and stumbles all the way, so we decided to go with VEMS, and V3Harness, honestly am not much into Japanese cars, therefor am looking for your help here in this post, I will update it on frequent bases as am working with the car.

Today I managed to take off most of the old harness and label it as am taking plugs off, am not worried about taking the old harness out, but the first thing am worried about is the idle valve!! so I wonder if anyone know how to connect this valve and control it! I searched around for the valve pins, but nothing came up with me, here are some photos that helps, and I wonder why there is 2 plugs for the idle valve?! any thing special about this valve that I dont know!!

as you can see its all black from the inside, this is how the engine was running soo rich, I wonder is it OK to clean it using carb/shock cleaner or will it be sensitive to such thing?

here is the engine bay photo

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: SR20DET (S14) /Bluebird VEMS Installtion
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 09:17:22 am »
One idle valve is connected to the power steering, it causes the RPM to rise when the steering wheel is turned at low RPM!
Carb cleaner should be fine in there.

Offline Sukhoi

• BHP: 6
Re: SR20DET (S14) /Bluebird VEMS Installtion
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 11:10:13 pm »
Which is which?!
Brown for Idle
Purple for AC

and what is the best output in VEMS use to control this valve?

these schematics are great am going to follow them
http://www.vemssupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,398.0.html

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 11:14:41 pm by FastButBlind »