Author Topic: Is here room for co-operation ?  (Read 4391 times)

Offline Pet

• BHP: 7
Is here room for co-operation ?
« on: September 21, 2010, 08:07:25 pm »
Hi, I would like to ask someone from Vems HQ (I don't know, who is boss...) if there is some possibilty for creating another Vems based ECU's (like kData + Megasquirt), what about licensing etc. ? Thanks.

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Is here room for co-operation ?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 08:52:42 pm »
What do you have in mind specifically?

Offline Pet

• BHP: 7
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 07:28:55 am »
I mean, I want to create own PCB based on customer request, for ex. PCB which fits to the old stock car ECU box with original ECU connector (Bosch55, Fiat AMPhenol 35...), of course with VEMS MCU and Vems FW. Because many of my racing friends don't want to create new wiring harness or some reducion adapters. One of my idea is, I create my car-specific Vems based PCB, solder MCU, send this board to Vems HQ, here will be loaded oficial FW (bootloader..), get serial number etc. and of course pay some money for that action... Just an idea, I would like to know, if that form of cooperation (outsourcing?) is possible for Vems HQ. Thanks.

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 08:05:24 am »
Make a connector specific daughterboard that the main VEMS board connects to.
Then you have a tried and tested ECU on a straight forward ECU connector board.  I know that Gunni is making some car specific VEMS ecus this way - you may be able to buy directly from him.
Shrinking the PCB down to fit inside OEM ecus is another matter - you may as well design your entire system from scratch if you're doing that.

Rob

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 10:14:23 am »
I figured that I would decide on a new ecu size and enclosure, so that the adapter pcb would always have most things in the same place, only the ecu connector and routing would be different. So the same sized ecu can have multiple connectors for various vehicles.
The ecu uses a plain vems v3.6 from hq so nothing special is needed.

The ecu then has no wires running around on the inside.
One adapter pcb may work for more then just one vehicle with correct jumpering or wire routing.