Author Topic: Importing and converting .vex maps  (Read 6635 times)

Offline se7ensport

• BHP: 6
Importing and converting .vex maps
« on: September 05, 2010, 10:06:09 am »
Hi

I've just installed the latest firmware and used Mattias' base settings.  I have my existing ignition, VE and lambda tables saved as .vex and want to import them but I've got a couple of issues to resolve first:

1. all my existing maps are 12x12, but the latest versions seem to vary from 14x16 for the fuel to 8x8 for the lambda, is there an easy way to convert/import these files or is it  case of converting in .xls and then typing them in?
2. I'm running alpha-N, which used to use the MAP values in the old firmware scaled to TPS, it now uses just the TPS values, but is the correlation 1:1 i.e. max kPa was 255 which is equal to 100% tps, is 127.5kPa equal to 50% tps?

Thanks
Alex

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
Re: Importing and converting .vex maps
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 12:08:07 pm »
If you still use Megatune - it is easy. Just import it.

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 05:16:21 pm »
I do hope that there's an upgrade path for maps.  People can spend a lot of money on mapping and if that blocks them the ability to upgrade then I see a massive flaw.

But I don't think that the developers would have made that mistake.

Offline se7ensport

• BHP: 6
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 07:01:55 pm »
Hi Rob, I would have expected a proper upgrade route for the maps, but I did it all manually in the end, took about 2 hours to transpose the ignition and VE maps into the new format. 

Unfortunately it now won't start, I'm convinced it is either to do with the trigger settings or that I'm using alpha-N and I haven't enabled/disabled something, i'll post some comparison screens for advice in a bit.

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 10:14:35 pm »
If you just drag'n'drop the msq over the 2D table dialogs, the tables will transfer to your new ECU.

When thinking about expensive dyno time, the only thing that really needs to be preserved after upgrading from old 1.0.x firmware is the ignition advance table. The rest is just a matter of tuning for lambda target and adapting to a lot of the settings that are new and were not available in the earlier releases.

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 09:02:21 am »
When thinking about expensive dyno time, the only thing that really needs to be preserved after upgrading from old 1.0.x firmware is the ignition advance table. The rest is just a matter of tuning for lambda target and adapting to a lot of the settings that are new and were not available in the earlier releases.

True, but you tell someone who's spent a bunch of money on a rolling road that all they need to do is remap their fuel, and they'll  think that their money has been wasted.
If the fuel map transfers then its better to think of it as being "adjsutments of the new transient and enrichment functions that were not previously available".