Author Topic: LOADING config files  (Read 1174 times)

Offline yhzman

• BHP: 0
LOADING config files
« on: June 18, 2024, 02:57:37 pm »
Hello. Quite new to vems, but been working in auto field for 30+ years. Have what i consider an odd problem with this unit.
I had been using an older version of firmware and had problems with spark-see in ignition section- so I loaded the latest version of the firmware and also updated the vemstune.
Before this I had saved 3 config files from the older firmware and the car ran and had no issues when running config verification.
Now with the new firmware when I load the config it fails to load. Loads for 70 seconds and says unable to verify config.
Do I  need to start over?

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
  • BHP: 15
    • VEMS USA
Re: LOADING config files
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2024, 04:40:20 pm »
Depends where you're starting from and ending at as far as firmware versions. I'm going to guess you were going from a very old firmware to one of the more current ones. 1.2.31 and 1.2.38 are the most common these days, unless you need one of the features from the newer firmwares. You should always check the firmware changes page in the wiki and read the changes from old version to new version so you can check settings after the firmware update. https://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=GenBoard%2FUnderDevelopment%2FFirmwareChanges

VEMS USA - Located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont
1988 RX7 Turbo