Author Topic: vems software from 2011  (Read 671 times)

Offline k33emo

• BHP: 3
vems software from 2011
« on: July 09, 2024, 10:25:13 am »
Morning im looking to get my race car back up and running again last ran in 2009 i believe from reading old messages with rob that i was on v 1.073 or1.078 firmware is it possible to still download this version and will it be possible to update to the latest software without losing the info and map allready on my ecu
reason for question is i changes tps sensor and throttle bodies so need to re calibrate to the new sensors etc to get it to run,
also what serial connections are being used successfully links would be appriciated

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
  • BHP: 15
    • VEMS USA
Re: vems software from 2011
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2024, 01:51:26 pm »
All the released firmware versions are available. The latest VemsTune is backward compatible and is what should be used.

As far as upgrading firmware from 1.0.7x to 1.2.42... there are SO MANY feature additions and code changes in that span, it would need a re-tune at the very least. With that big of a jump you can think of it as a whole new ECU upgrade.

You can go through the FirmwareChanges: https://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=GenBoard%2FUnderDevelopment%2FFirmwareChanges which is standard best practice when upgrading firmware and read from installed firmware version to what you want to upgrade to, and those features will need to be tuned or at least looked at. The list is massive between 1.0.7x and 1.2.42 or even 1.2.31.

You can easily keep 1.0.7x and tune it for the changes. Just download the newest VemsTune and connect to the ECU, adjust.
VEMS USA - Located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont
1988 RX7 Turbo