Author Topic: Adjusting the accelerator enrichment  (Read 5483 times)

Offline Olds442FI

• BHP: 1
  • Project in the works
Adjusting the accelerator enrichment
« on: June 24, 2010, 03:53:37 am »
Ok guys. I could use a little help understanding how this enrichment table works out. First of all, does it make any difference whether or not i use the accelerator enrichment from the settings menu or the tuning menu? I guess for now ill talk from the settings. I have seen the suggested base settings from the base fuel configuration from a previous post but that is just numbers to me. I am trying to understand what the bins are, what the little math equation in that section are, and how to determine just what i really should be entering here. My situation is a little unique because i have a 2 stage throttle system. At about 60% throttle the 2 secondary plates start to open up so, starting at about 60% my air intake starts to double. Now mind you, i don't think ill be using 60% all that much because if im at that point, them im just going all the way anyway! so anyway, can anyone explain how this works? Also, what should i be using to calibrate this? Lamda?   
my current settings going down the list are
Bins 4, 10, 20, 40
amount 3.0, 6.0,7.0, 10.0,
 duration .20
Cold Multiplication factor 0
cold accel amount 2.0

this is probably all wrong but right now she does accelerate without a bog. I still have a little more power i need to squeeze out before i am where i was with a carb.
Get in, sit down, buckle up, hold on, and SHUT UP!

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Adjusting the accelerator enrichment
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 06:09:30 am »
The results from the different menus are the same, its just a different way of sh
Your bins need to be  1, 5, 20, 40 - these relate to the speed that the throttle is stamped on - 1 very slow 40 maximum speed you be able to stamp.
Set the amounts to 1, 2, 5, 10 - this is the scale of extra fuel tipped in when you accelerate, and they match the bins above.
Its a way of replicating the accelerator pump that your Holley would have had, this gives a graduated pump which is more refined than the cam.
A further refinement over this can be found in the newer firmware versions which scale the amount of fuel dependent on RPM (plus theres an acceleration based ignition retard to make your engine response even sharper).

Then you need to tune it, in the traditional way - stamp on the throttle with different speeds and use your lambda readings in your datalogs to see if you need more or less fuel.

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 06:13:22 am »
You can never really get this right with the old firmware, like Rob said the model does not factor in rpm correctly, you need A LOT more at low rpm than at high rpm.

When increasing the enrichment the lambda should read rich  and not lean mis-fire, that's the general rule I try to follow.

Keep the duration at 0.2 secs, more or less than that usually don't give any good results. The others need work, the "cold" value can work wonders on a cold engine but really - the "cold" part is over after a few minutes of warming up the engine, so it's not important to tune it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 06:15:19 am by mattias »

Offline LHK_audi_S2_Nor

• BHP: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 07:47:42 pm »
Hi
I'm adjusting he acc settings on my car and want to have a look at the config in your signature Mattias, but the link doesn't work!
Regards Leif-Helge
Audi S2 engine code 3B on VEMS, FW 1.2.38

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 07:51:21 pm »
Sorry about that, there was a slight server hickup, it'll be back up in a day or two.