Author Topic: improving cranking time?  (Read 5342 times)

Offline multiplex

• BHP: 6
improving cranking time?
« on: April 21, 2010, 08:21:42 am »
now that my build is 99% done, i'm starting to nit pick over the smaller stuff

i'm running a cam sensor, and feel since i've switched to sequential i'm crank time has increased. I realize more rotations may be required to find the sync, however it seems to take longer than other standalones

anything i can do to help this?

the motor uses 60-2 crank wheel, and a 1 tooth cam sync wheel (180 degree wide tooth).

any ideas?

secondary settings are:

edge while cranking - single
type - multitooth
use - camsync

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: improving cranking time?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 03:08:28 pm »
Can you post a log ?

The other day I got a Megasquirt car dropped of at my house to tune. This was a Ford YB engine of some sorts, very simple setup.
but this thing started faster then anything I have ever witnessed EVER, OEM included.

Try and see if it´s the fuel pressure. So pressurize the lines by turning the ecu on and off a few times and then try and crank it.

Offline multiplex

• BHP: 6
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 08:06:05 pm »
i did log a few start ups last night, but the cranking part doesn't show in the logs?  Is this normal?

i'm wondering if its possible that my box is resetting during cranking, and vemstune and the lcd blank out for a second or two

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 09:27:00 pm »
I feel this is a problem with vemstune. As it stops logging when the engine stops and makes a new log when it start running again,
This should be a option of continuous logging or per engine running.

Where does the log start?