Author Topic: antilag for street car  (Read 8941 times)

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
antilag for street car
« on: March 27, 2010, 03:54:48 pm »
Hi All.

I would like to setup a mild antilag on a street car, the car is using the stepper motor to run the idle motor,
will the antilag simply open the stepper when running antilag, or is there a need for a sperate idle valve to run antilag?

Also do anyone have some start settings to get it working

Thanks,
Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
Re: antilag for street car
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 01:35:10 am »
I mentioned this some time ago. I am running a throttle body that has a throttle kicker stepper motor for idle air control. It would be simple enough to link this into the ALS so that when ALS active, the stepper motors to a configurable value, after all, when ALS is active, idle speed control pretty much goes out the window :D

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 02:57:31 pm »
I mentioned this some time ago. I am running a throttle body that has a throttle kicker stepper motor for idle air control. It would be simple enough to link this into the ALS so that when ALS active, the stepper motors to a configurable value, after all, when ALS is active, idle speed control pretty much goes out the window :D
Same with any PWM IAC valve. But currently firmware did not offer it.  :(

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 05:23:02 pm »
With the TBi throttle kicker - surely if you set the throttle kicker solenoid to the same Facility and Channel as the IAC it will do the required when ALS is on?

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 05:41:23 pm »
Usually Bosch IAC wildly used here heat up too much with ~1.5A continious. And then sticks opened.

In addition fully opened - too much for mild ALS. Some configurabe PWM level or steps should be perfect for street cars.
We have some serials in short slow circuits where street cars without roll cages are allowed. And ALS gives huge advantage when accelerating from slow turns!

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 07:20:08 pm »
With the TBi throttle kicker - surely if you set the throttle kicker solenoid to the same Facility and Channel as the IAC it will do the required when ALS is on?

What is the channel number for the bipolar stepper motor output? Not just a single stepper motor channel?

Also. I have always found tat if one channel is double configured, it usualy stays ON and nothing else happens. This seems to be for all types of PLCs or at least the ones I use
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 07:21:43 pm by Sprocket »

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 09:03:50 pm »
I thought the tbi throttle kicker was a single solenoid - my mistake.

Offline billman

• BHP: 2
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 12:05:15 am »
Does anyone has tested and had enough antilag with the newer 1.1.81 fw that allows better control of the ISV valve on the audi I5 engine?