Author Topic: Loom extension  (Read 5930 times)

Offline SteveG

• BHP: 0
Loom extension
« on: May 02, 2007, 06:39:35 pm »
From the website it looks like the ec36 connector on the ecu is a male to board connector. Is there a male to wire connector available to make up a loom extension?

I saw on Sprocket's mini install that he has a male connector to wires and then onto pcb which made me think there may be one, but on the other hand he could have modified the board mount connector. ;) ;)

Thanks in advance

Steve

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Loom extension
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 11:00:36 pm »
I've not seen one, what application are you thinking of?

Rob

Offline SteveG

• BHP: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 08:30:53 am »
Thanks for the quick reply.

I was looking at your ECU as a possible solution for the Rover V8 in Land Rovers, and then I noticed that you use the same connector as the Land Rover TD5 ECM. I want to extend the loom on the TD5 ECM to mount it higher in vehicle and not under seat where it is vunerable to water ingress when wading.

The TD5 ECM uses two ec36 female connectors into two board mounted ec 36 male connectors. I was thinking that I could purchase two of your 2m looms, find a source for the male connectors and make up a loom extension. After doing a bit of research online after posting my Q it seems that AMP just produce the board connector in the 36 pole connector. So it looks like I'd have to cut the connector and solder wires on. Not too keen on solder joints on a loom that is used in a high vibration environment off road.

Are you happy to sell the looms on their own or do they need to be purchased with an ECU?

Cheers

Steve
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 11:26:31 am by SteveG »

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 09:31:25 am »
I'm sure that something can be arranged - and I have an idea for the male board connectors that you might like.
PM me or send an email to: rob@vems.co.uk

Cheers

Rob