Author Topic: Trigger camsync multitooth from Peugeot 206 GTI/RC setting needed help  (Read 7583 times)

Offline krzycho-g

• BHP: 0
How setting camsync trigger in VEMSTune for this engine. Camshaft trigger have four tooth, including one wider than the other.

Again engine from 206 RC have camsync trigger sensor on inlet camshaft which have VVT.Whether it will not disturb?

Offline krzycho-g

Is option in menu Secondary trigger/Cam sync option -> Type -> Multitooth but i dont know what types multitooth trigger  are supported

Thanks in advance for help

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
I have no idea how the secondary multitooth trigger works, you can try reading this http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=InputTrigger/ShortGapTrigger but god knows if it will help you.

Do you need to use the secondary trigger on this engine?

Offline krzycho-g

I need this trigger for lower fuel consumption and smoother work. Besides this engine have COP.

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
If you have a 60-2 primary trigger you will be alright, just use dual-out to fire the coils in pairs and fire the injectors in the normal sequential manner.

There is not yet an injection phase (end of injection) table to get proper sequential injection with this system, so you will most likely always fire the injectors on closed valves as they happen on ignition events. This is what you want for fuel economy.

I doubt you will notice any difference on this engine  when and if you add cam sync, even if it is a "high performance" engine -  it still has cams that allow it to pass emissions tests. It requires significant valve overlap to require timed injection, and such engines typically don't have very nice emissions at idle.

Controlling the VVT is not going to happen with VEMS for a while (if ever with the current hardware)  and I'd just remove all but one tooth to get a simple cam sync signal.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:46:00 pm by mattias »

Offline krzycho-g

thx for complex answer.

mattias, already doing this engine?
What is torque curve with disabled VVT ? better or worse than the serial engine?

Can not be drive VVT like that boost solenoid in function RPM and TPS by PWM

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
Variable valve train control works without feedback, but many say it works poorly.  So you could control it with a simply 2d table of "dutycycle vs rpm", but results are not exact, that's why you have the complex signal feedback from trigger wheels on the cams.

To know how the engine works without the VVT you would have to figure out what the default setting for the cams are when the solenoids that control it are turned "off" (not controlled by ECU). There is usually a "limp-home" mode, with BMW people often lock the cams and disable VANOS which results in  a high power mode, and a small loss of low-end torque. If you turbo the engine this is rarely a problem since you already have enough torque.