Author Topic: V3SDCard - no knock sensing?  (Read 5011 times)

Offline BigD

• BHP: 6
V3SDCard - no knock sensing?
« on: December 17, 2009, 10:17:03 am »
Hi guys,

I'm in the process of wiring my new 3.6 that I ordered with egt+knock and v3SDCard. I just read on the v3SDCard site something about having it disabling knock sensing... Can anyone help me understand this? Is this still true? If so, do I have inoperable knock sensing, or only if the sd card logging is enabled?

BTW, I noticed the 2nd channel for the knock chip isn't hooked up and the ground is no longer on EC18. Does this mean the ground is internally connected? Can I just move the jumper from EC18 pin 2 or 3 to the knock chip pad and get my 2nd channel back?

Thanks!
D

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: V3SDCard - no knock sensing?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 02:51:40 pm »
I *think* that you should be able to use the knock chip, but you may have to wire a separate connector to the input pads.

Offline z0tya

• BHP: 11
Re: V3SDCard - no knock sensing?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 08:04:59 pm »
I heard the sdcard logging takes the proccessor time from the knock algorithm, so no cpu resource to get both of them.

I will be very pleased when firmware involve Andrey knock sensing methode, the firmware changes page say for the 1.1.61:

for the NON-PS2 MY_CONF += -D EXPENSIVE_MISC1OUT -D EXPENSIVE_MISC2OUT -D KNOCK_ALTERNATIVE
   * so wheelspeed, wheelspeed-based launch and the experimental knock-threshold-map is available.

but I cant find it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 08:09:53 pm by z0tya »