Author Topic: ECU configuration and wiring loom for audi I5?  (Read 7352 times)

Offline ranz

• BHP: 6
ECU configuration and wiring loom for audi I5?
« on: October 09, 2009, 11:25:48 pm »
I'm pretty much new with the vems ECU (done so far few round installs and setups). Now I need to collect information whitch parts and extras to order.
Firstly, the car is audi coupe quattro whitch had 2,3 125KW 7A engine, is removed from it's place already and also the wiring loom is removed. Instead of it goes pretty much 2,2L I5 20VT AAN engine with some modifications.
Now to install new wiring I need to order V3harness to I6, right?
Now the ECU:
GenBoard v3.6
1-wire interface: ? what does it mean?
Flyback: 30V, right?
ignition driver: ? 6+2 or 2+6?
Knock and EGT: Yes.
LCD connection: i think no...
MAP connection: 300 or 400kPa, depending...
mounting-style: screws (it means that screws are wit ECU or on the ecu casing are connection places?)
primary_trigger: Hall
PS2 connection: i think not
secondary_trigger:   ?

Thankyou for replys and explenations :D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 05:21:28 pm by ranz »

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
Re: ECU configuration and wiring loom for audi I5?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 01:23:02 am »
Better is to make own harness. But I6 harness will work with some fitment issues. Or V8 - you need wires for IAC and W gate control valves. I6 will miss one.
1-wire is immobilizer. Not handy.
30V, yes.
Ignition drivers 6+2 if you do will not reuse original power stages from AAN. 6+2 means 6 power transistors inside unit.
LCD is your choice. It is handy stuff but with little slow refresh rate.
Screw mounting style is not very usable: it is two M6 screws in middle of back surface.
For AAN you have to choose Audi trigger. It is 3 sensor system.
PS2 - not needed. Speed sensor instead can be more usable.

Gints

Offline ranz

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 04:44:48 am »
Thaks for reply, some new questions.
Primary trigger then VR and secondary auditrigger w/camHALLinverter or OBSOLETE w/out camHALLinverter? I'm not wery "home" with those triggering options and stuff:( but I have to start from somwhere :D

Offline GintsK

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 04:11:01 pm »
You are right. Primary VR, secondary Audi trigger with inverter. It means 2 inputs: for VR TDC sensor and Hall sensor. Last internally masks every second TDC signal. So TDC signal works like signal from camshaft.
EGT - you want it for turbo with power above original.

Offline ranz

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 04:33:54 pm »
You are right. Primary VR, secondary Audi trigger with inverter. It means 2 inputs: for VR TDC sensor and Hall sensor. Last internally masks every second TDC signal. So TDC signal works like signal from camshaft.
EGT - you want it for turbo with power above original.
Still I am a little bit confused. Originally AAN has two triggers, hall sensor what gets it's signal from cam and second one is TDC signal from flywheel.
Is the VR signal then the hall one? and auditrigger the TDC signal from flywheel?
EGT is must be for big turbos :)

Offline GintsK

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 02:05:40 am »
AAN have two VR sensors at flywheel and one hall on top. Search in wiki for auditrigger.

You can more easily reach dangerous egt with small turbos than with big ones. At same AFR, advance and power levels small turbo have higher gas pressure before turbo. Higher pressure means higher temperature.

Gints